The details are that I started a quilt for my niece in 2014. The top has been done for a while. The next part of the story is that I bought a Flynn frame at the Vermont Quilt Festival in 2015. For those of you that don't know, a Flynn frame is for quilting on your domestic sewing machine. I thought this quilt was the perfect one for trying out the frame. That was a big mistake. The quilt is twin sized. It is much too big for practice.
You should know that I don't like to make 'practice' sandwiches. Getting to know the Flynn frame will take practice and I'm just going to have to pick some projects for exactly that. They will be smaller projects. I have a few tops done that will be good for this but they will have to wait until after I get some gifts finished.
So getting back to today - I took the quilt off the frame. I pin basted it as I unrolled the quilt. I had a feeling that I would have trouble when I got to the end - the backing was shorter than the top. I'm sure that it wasn't before I put it on the frame - oh dear.
Well, I decided to ignore that and start quilting. I did some simple motifs in 3 or 4 blocks and then looked at the back. Ugh, one section had a small pleat. Yuck, there was loose backing between 2 parts. I knew then that I needed to do some frog stitch. Rip it, rip it, rip it.
Fortunately, I don't have to pick out much. Tomorrow I'll figure out what to do next. See you then.